Benefits of Sponsorship
The organisation receiving the sponsorship (sponsee) stands to benefit enormously from both financial support and other forms of backing from an established partner, provided that both parties have agreed a set of common objectives to underpin the sponsorship.
A sponsor can enjoy a wide range of benefits from a carefully selected sponsorship, which can:
- raise brand awareness and create preference
- create positive PR and raise awareness of the organisation as a whole
- provide attractive content for a range of products and services
- build brand positioning through associative imagery
- support a sales promotion campaign
- create internal emotional commitment to the brand
- act as corporate hospitality that promotes good relations with clients.
Since sponsorship is a business arrangement, standard evaluative criteria should be used to establish the suitability of a proposed event in relation to the sponsor? image and products.